6/10 Interchange Project
Motorists can expect the following changes:
- Rte. 6 East, all traffic shifted onto the existing Rte. 6 West roadway just after the Hartford Ave. exit. Lanes are narrow.
- The Broadway off ramp is closed.
- Rte. 10 North, from Union Ave. to the Tobey St. overpass, lane shift in place for through traffic and the Westminster St. off-ramp.
- On Connector outbound a new lane split is in place for Rte. 10 South and Route 6 West, one-half mile before its original location. Lanes are narrow.
Affected City Streets
- Traffic from the Tobey St./Harris Ave. on-ramp does not have direct access to Rte. 10 South. Follow detour signs.
- Traffic shifted on the Broadway and Westminster St. bridges over the highway.
Periodic one-lane closures possible along Rte. 10 and Rte. 6 on off-peak hours Monday-Friday.
Upcoming: The Westminster St. on-ramp to Rte. 10 South will be closed this summer; reopening in Spring 2021.
- Providence: Rte. 10 North and South, just before and after the Union Ave. overpass, alternating lane closures for a bridge inspection, Tues. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- South Kingstown: Rte. 1 (Post Rd.) North and South, from Moonstone Beach Rd. to Matunuck Beach Rd., alternating one-way traffic in a moving operation for construction, Tues. and Wed. from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
See full list of Other Limited Access Highway Restrictions »