I-295/Rte. 6 Bridge Rehabilitation
As part of the I-295/Rte. 6 Bridge rehabilitation project, motorists are experiencing the following changes:
I-295 North and Rte. 6 West:
- Closure of the northbound service road. Access maintained to Exits 9A and 9C. Follow signed detour.
- Closure of Exit 9B. Follow signed detour.
- Lane restrictions from two to one on the ramp from Rte. 6 West to I-295 North. Delays anticipated.
I-295 South, Rte. 6 East and Rte. 6A (Hartford Ave.):
- Closure of the southbound service road. Access maintained to Exits 9C and 9A. Follow signed detour.
- Minor delays anticipated on ramp from Rte. 6 East to I-295 South given closure of southbound service road.
- Closure of on-ramp from Hartford Ave. West to I-295 South. Left turn access off Hartford Ave. to I-295 South used by Hartford Ave. East traffic.
Please note: At the new traffic pattern on I-295 South, make sure you stay on the highway for Exit 9A for Route 6 to Providence. Don't take the first exit (9C), which is now Hartford Avenue only.
New Traffic Pattern
- Providence: I-95 North, from Exit 18 to Exit 19, lanes are currently shifted to the left. Please note: traffic entering the highway using the Allens Ave./Thurbers Ave. on-ramp to I-95 North must yield to traffic before merging onto the Interstate. Expect delays on the ramp; consider alternate routes during peak travel periods.