I-295/Rte. 6 Bridge Rehabilitation This Weekend
As part of the I-295/Rte. 6 Bridge rehabilitation project, motorists can expect the following changes this weekend:
Saturday night, Nov. 17 from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.:
- I-295 North, from Scituate Ave. to Greenville Ave., alternating lane closures for striping. Delays anticipated.
- Closure of the northbound service road. Access maintained to Exits 9A and 9C. Follow signed detour.
- Closure of Exit 9B. Follow signed detour.
- Lane restrictions from two to one on the ramp from Rte. 6 West to I-295 North. Delays anticipated.
Sunday night, Nov. 18 from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.:
- I-295 South, from Greenville Ave. to Scituate Ave., alternating lane closures for striping. Delays anticipated.
- Closure of the southbound service road. Access maintained to Exits 9C and 9A. Follow signed detour.
- Minor delays anticipated on ramp from Rte. 6 East to I-295 South given closure of southbound service road.
- Closure of on-ramp from Hartford Ave. West to I-295 South. Left turn access off Hartford Ave. to I-295 South used by Hartford Ave. East traffic.
Please note: At the new traffic pattern on I-295 South, make sure you stay on the highway for Exit 9A for Route 6 to Providence. Don't take the first exit (9C), which is now Hartford Avenue only.