I-295/Rte. 6 Bridge Rehabilitation
Motorists can expect the following changes:
- Northbound and southbound service roads closed; access maintained to Exits 9A and 9C
- I-295 North Exit 9B is closed
Rte. 6 and Rte. 6A (Hartford Ave.)
- Lane closed on the ramp from Rte. 6 West to I-295 North
- Lane closures possible on both Rte. 6 and Rte. 6A at the I-295 overpasses through mid-summer
- On-ramp closed from Rte. 6A West to I-295 South. Left turns permitted for nearby on-ramp normally used by Rte. 6A East traffic
Providence: I-95 North and South, from Exit 18 to 19 on the Oxford Street Bridge:
- I-95 North, Thurbers Ave. on-ramp will be closed in addition to 1-3 lanes closed for lane shifts, Fri. night, 8 p.m.-6 a.m.
- I-95 South, Exit 18 will be closed in addition to 1-4 lanes closed for lane shifts and demolition, Sat, night (July 20), 8 p.m.-6a.m. Expect Noise.