I-295/Rte. 6 Bridge Rehabilitation
- Closure of the southbound through lanes. Through traffic will utilize the new bridges on the service road.
- Access will be maintained for ramps to Rte. 6 West to Hartford, Conn. (Exit 9C) and Rte. 6 East to Providence (Exit 9A).
- The on-ramp from Hartford Ave./Rte. 6A West to I-295 South will remain closed.
Rte. 6 and Rte. 6A (Hartford Ave.)
- Lane closed on the ramp from Rte. 6 West to I-295 North
- Lane closures possible on both Rte. 6 and Rte. 6A at the I-295 overpasses through mid-summer
- On-ramp closed from Rte. 6A West to I-295 South. Left turns permitted for nearby on-ramp normally used by Rte. 6A East traffic
- Rte. 6A, at the I-295 Interchange is closed for bridge demolition, Sun.-Thurs. nights, 8 p.m.-5 a.m. Follow signed detour.
New Traffic Pattern
- Providence: I-95, from Exit 18 to Exit 19, lanes are currently shifted to the left. Traffic entering the highway using the Allens Ave./Thurbers Ave. on-ramp to I-95 North must yield to traffic before merging onto the Interstate. Expect delays on the ramp; consider alternate routes during peak travel periods.